12 - 05 - 2013 Worker shocked by high-voltage wire in Snyder Co.
A worker was unconscious as he was rushed to Lewistown Hospital after being shocked when a truck boom struck a high-voltage wire in West Beaver Township, Snyder Co. PPL crews raced to the scene to address live wires that had fallen onto the truck parked near a company at 484 Dale Snook Road, Bannerville. The accident occurred in a pasture behind the main building of the unidentified company, which pours concrete as its main business. The man, whose identity was unknown at deadline, was shocked, fell unconscious and taken to Lewistown Hospital by ambulance. He was helped by emergency rescue personnel with the Bannerville Volunteer Fire Company. Fire Chief Charles McKnight said he did not know the condition of the man late Wednesday. Also assisting at the scene were fire and rescue personnel from Beaver Springs, Beavertown and McClure.