03 - 13 - 2014 Gas explosion at Standard Steel injures Reedsville man
[LS] - Yesterday afternoon, an explosion caused by a gas leak rocked a locker room area at Standard Steel. In a statement released by the company, the blast was centered in the washroom area of a storage facility. The statement indicated that one person was injured in the blast. That person, according to the Lewistown Sentinel, was identified as James Stringfellow, of Reedsville, who was transported to the Lehigh Valley Hospital Burn Center. According to a family member speaking with the press, Stringfellow had what was believed to be 1st & 2nd degree burns over about 20% of his body. The explosion is under investigation & it did not affect or interrupt routine plant operations.